Statistically, there are a few things that successful businesses do, that give them success year after year…
in a hard Strategy Consulting Books economy.
These are the same things that you will absolutely need to do if you want to guarantee your success in your small business.
First, we need to define what a successful year will look like. Here are a few goals that will let you know that you have had a successful new year:
You reach all of your revenue goals.
You have a consistent flow of customers into your business.
You deliver outstanding customer satisfaction (you really have satisfied customers).
You have a more efficient and effective operation.
You have a great and capable team.
You increase the value of your business.
Though there are many more things we can add to the list – these are the main ones that small businesses should be looking to achieve.
The next step is identifying the tools that will help you achieve these goals.
Here are 4 things you will need:
1. A Marketing Plan – A marketing plan will focus you on accomplishing the most effective marketing efforts – and keep you from wasting time and money.
Also, statistically, people with a marketing plan are 80% more successful than those without one.
2. A Strategic Plan – A strategic plan gives you the step by step road map – on what you need to do week after week to achieve your goals for the year.
You will never have to wonder, “What do I need to do this week to build my business,” – because it will already be laid out for you for the whole year.
3. A Financial Plan – A financial plan helps you to project Own Business Careers how much money you need to make to succeed in the new year.
Most importantly it helps you set the financial controls (budget, spending guidelines, etc.) you need, to make sure you spend your money wisely this year.
Remember, lack of cash flow is the biggest downfall of most small businesses. A financial plan eliminates this obstacle.
4. An Accountability Group – a group that supports you, and holds you accountable to do the weekly action steps that you need to do to reach your goals.
5. Expert advice and training – You’ll need new ideas on how to effectively reach your goals using less time, effort, resources and money.
Since you are limited in your time, effort, resources and money – you have to make sure the decisions you make are right the first time. Having expert advisors will help you do that.
6. A Determination to succeed – Success means doing things that our outside of our comfort zone. You will need the determination to do the things that are uncomfortable to get what you want.
Can you face the new year without doing the things I mention above? Of course you can – but you will greatly limit your success in the new year.
Can you absolutely guarantee you will succeed by doing the things above? by doing them you’ll get really darn close.